Publish manuscript:Please read the Instructions for writers
Publish manuscript:Please read the Instructions for writers
The key concern of Tobacco Control is provide a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and methods which are prone to further the objectives of the comprehensive tobacco control policy. The introduction should indicate why the research reported or issues discussed are important in terms of controlling tobacco use, and the discussion section should include an analysis of how the research reported contributes to tobacco control objectives in papers submitted for review.
Papers firmly anchored to a strategic policy and programme context are more inclined to be accepted for book. While the log seeks to reach a readership that is international writers should think about whether their intended submissions target problems or themes, that are apt to be of great interest to scientists doing work in other countries. Extremely parochial dilemmas, that have few classes for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are not likely to get high concern. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking perhaps perhaps not provide priority that is high:
- Studies of cigarette smoking prevalence and its particular correlates. They are most readily useful suitable to journals that are national. Few individuals residing outside nation have an interest in whether that nation has 30% or 35% of cigarette smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of specific populace teams or medical researchers. Once again, they are better suited to national journals or even health speciality that is professional. Few individuals in other nations will tend to be thinking about (for instance) whether nurses in a hospital that is regional enthusiastic about helping patients quit. Nationwide studies, and the ones taking studies that are such initial areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are documents with findings that appear to hold no importance that is obvious changing policy or training in tobacco control. They frequently display methodological finery, but take us anywhere don’t crucial or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in actuality the views are unoriginal, badly argued, naive or neglect for crucial ethical dilemmas in favor of sloganeering.
- Documents that show the authors haven’t exposed Tobacco Control plus don’t comprehend its primary consider tobacco control as opposed to on tobacco and its particular usage and wellness effects. We have been thinking about such documents, but only when their writers address the implications of these findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly apparent, deadly methodological issues.
- Documents on topics that want very technical or language that is discipline-specific to be comprehended because of the greater part of visitors.
- Documents that are replications of currently well-established findings or offer little information that is new.
- Neighborhood studies where in actuality the implications for the journal’s audience that is https://customwriting.org international confusing.
- Reports written for governments or neighborhood wellness authorities that some body thought could be provided a fast make-over and presented as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres towards the greatest requirements concerning its editorial policies on book ethics, clinical misconduct, permission and peer review criteria. To see all BMJ Journal policies please make reference to the BMJ Author Hub policies web page.
Articles are posted under a unique licence or non-exclusive licence for British Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY is applicable. The terms are as stated in accordance with our licence terms for US Federal Government officers or employees acting as part of their official duties. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Start access articles may be reused underneath the regards to the appropriate innovative Commons licence to facilitate reuse regarding the content; please refer to the Tobacco Control Author Licence for the Creative that is applicable commons.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will likely not think about for publication documents work that is reporting, in entire or in component, with a tobacco business or tobacco industry organization. Nor will the consider that is journal by writers whom accept tobacco industry capital, including financing for research expenses, for several or section of any author’s income, or any other types of individual remuneration. For more information, please read this editorial offering the thinking behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare contending passions at distribution, or whenever a write-up is commissioned, can lead to instant rejection for the paper. In case a interest that is competing to light after book, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction regarding the entire paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is ready to give consideration to documents based wholly or in part on material previously posted on line. But writers should think about an editorial with this subject: Prior book on line: brand brand brand new log policy. The editor keeps the right that is customary make modifications any way you like and in case required to shorten, utilizing the approval regarding the author(s), material accepted for publication. Any written or material that is illustrative was posted somewhere else must certanly be duly recognized and associated with the penned consent for the copyright owner (this might be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under special circumstances the place where a paper’s findings have instantly policy that is relevant warranting urgent publication, manuscripts are fast tracked in front of the normal queue of documents. In the event which you feel which you have actually good explanations why this is certainly real for the paper, please information these in an employment cover letter, describing the necessity of work for the field as well as the reason you are feeling it really is of enough value to be managed urgently. This demand will not guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a couple of documents per year is going to be expedited about this foundation, however it might help the editors to evaluate the paper’s value when you look at the context that is current.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Documents on electronic cigarettes should make use of the term cigarettes that are‘electronic on very first usage, and after that the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be utilized. Documents on other smoking distribution systems may continue using the word ‘electronic smoking distribution systems’ accompanied by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, writers also needs to consist of a different manuscript file showcasing the tracked changes to exhibit the editors the huge difference through the version that is previous. The monitored modifications document should always be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis reporting gu >
BMJ requires conformity into the following reporting tips. Please upload the appropriate finished list for the submission to your study type, and label it “Research checklist”. If no appropriate list is present for the research kind, this could be indicated regarding the distribution kind.
CONSORT statement – necessary for all randomised managed studies
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for several economic evaluations
STARD statement – Required for several diagnostic research papers
STROBE statement – necessary for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for several quality enhancement studies
Guidance and kinds can be found from EQUATOR.
We welcome video abstracts to accompany accepted research articles. These enable authors to physically talk through their work beyond the limitations of the formal article to improve the user’s understanding. Note that people will likely not request you to give consideration to publishing a video clip abstract until your paper is accepted. Please usually do not attempt to upload a video abstract upon initial distribution of one’s manuscript.
There are numerous tutorials online which could guide the creation of a video clip abstract, using commonly and sometimes software that is freely available. Windows Movie Maker and Apple iMovie will be the many examples that are common. Types of video clip abstracts can be found from The BMJ. Listed here are a guidelines that are few making a video clip abstract. Writers could also would you like to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for help.
- Movie abstracts must not keep going longer than 4 minutes.
- This content and concentrate associated with movie must relate straight to the research that is accepted for book, and really should maybe not stray beyond the information. We advice itself i.e. briefly outline the background/context of the study, present your research objective, outline the methods used, present the key results and then discuss the implications of the outcomes that you follow the same structure as the paper.
- The presentation and content of this video clip should always be in a method as well as in terms which is understandable and available to a broad medical audience. The language that is main be English, but we welcome subtitles in another language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to an extensive medical market, and never utilize abbreviations.
- Writers frequently talk straight into the digital digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we enable the utilization of other appropriate artistic and material that is audiosuch as for example animations, movies, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). If you want to make use of material from formerly posted work or off their sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the publisher that is relevant copyright owner.